MENTAL IDEAS is a noisy, irreverent, unashamedly provocative film & media platform promoting mental health awareness, all forms of artistic self-expression, innovation & social enterprise. Our objective is to move the conversation forward around trending and topical subjects most relevant to artists affected by mental health issues. We accept original artwork, op-eds, short stories (fiction), poetry, music, humor, podcasts and films around the year.
What Mental Ideas Loves
– Provocative Theories based on self-research (always citing original sources).
– Op-eds told with a strong narrative and unusual voice (800 words).
– Interviews with inspiring individuals or organizations.
– Original Artwork accompanied by an introduction to you and your work.
– Original Photography (as above)
– Poetry – film/record your spoken word.
– Short Stories (fiction).
– Collaborative Concepts. We love bold concepts that can include as many mental idealists as possible.
– Humor. We love to laugh!
– Films. We accept daring & ingenious shorts and features in any genre throughout the year.
What Mental Ideas Is Not
– A Medical Site (though we do occasionally invite experts to offer their insights and opinions).
– A Fake News Platform. We get enough of that on the News.
– A Troll Hangout. Mental Ideas will permanently block users or contributors who use their ‘voice’ to slander and abuse.
– A Literary/ Talent Agency. We do not represent artists, writers or filmmakers in projects that do not relate to our own work.
– A Huge Multi-National Corporation. We will reply to every submission and enquiry we receive. Please be patient with us if we take a little time to get back to you. (We aim to respond within 6 weeks.)
– A Dating Platform. Inappropriate emails/ comments will be deleted. Sorry!
– A Cult. That’s just silly, right??!
You must be logged in to post a comment.